Jos Winnink is a researcher at the Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) of Leiden University in the Netherlands. His PhD research focuses on the interface of science and technology. Currently his main focus is on early stage detection of breakthroughs using bibliometric information. On these subjects he published several (conference) papers. Given his history in the world of patents Jos has a special interest in patent information and is within CWTS one of the experts patent on this subject. Currently Jos focus is on linking patent databases with other data sources to create multidimensional data infrastructures.
Journal publications (5)
- Tijssen, R.J.W., & Winnink, J.J. (2016). Twenty-first century macro-trends in the institutional fabric of science: Bibliometric monitoring and analysis. Scientometrics, 109(3), 2181-2194. doi:10.1007%2Fs11192-016-2041-z.
- Tijssen, R.J.W., Yegros, A., & Winnink, J.J. (2016). University?industry R&D linkage metrics: Validity and applicability in world university rankings. Scientometrics, 109(2), 677-696. doi:10.1007%2Fs11192-016-2098-8.
- Winnink, J.J., & Tijssen, R.J.W. (2015). Early stage identification of breakthroughs at the interface of science and technology: Lessons drawn from a landmark publication. Scientometrics, 102(1), 113-134. doi:10.1007/s11192-014-1451-z.
- Van Dongen, P., Winnink, J.J., & Tijssen, R.J.W. (2014). Academic inventions and patents in the Netherlands: A case study on business sector exploitation. World Patent Information, 38, 27-32. doi:10.1016/j.wpi.2014.03.002.
- Winnink, J.J., & Tijssen, R.J.W. (2014). R&D dynamics and scientific breakthroughs in HIV/AIDS drugs development: The case of Integrase Inhibitors. Scientometrics, 101(1), 1-16. doi:10.1007/s11192-014-1330-7.
Conference publications (2)
- Winnink, J.J., Tijssen, R.J.W., & Van Raan, A.F.J. (2016). Breakout discoveries in science: What do they have in common? In Proceedings of the 21th International Conference on Science and Technology Indicators (pp. 1069-1076).
- Winnink, J.J., & Tijssen, R.J.W. (2011). R&D dynamics in the development of HIV/AIDS drugs. In Proceedings of the 13th International Conference of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (pp. 855-860).