Wout Lamers, MSc
Wout Lamers is a PhD candidate and member of the Quantitative Science Studies research group at the Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS). He is also affiliated with the Leiden Centre of Data Science (LCDS) through the Leiden Data Science Research Programme which brings together PhD candidates with an interest in data science from seven faculties at Leiden University.
Wout obtained a MSc in Innovation Sciences at Utrecht University in 2015 and has been with CWTS since October 2014, transitioning from an internship to a position as research assistant and starting as a PhD candidate in 2017. Wout’s research focuses primarily on the application of machine learning and natural language processing methods to study the accumulation of scientific knowledge. He also contributes to several institute research projects and CWTS B.V. projects.
Journal publications (2)
- Novitzky, P., Bernstein, M.J., Blok, V., Braun, R., Chan, T.T., Lamers, W.S., Loeber, A., Meijer, I., Lindner, R., & Griessler, E. (2020). Improve alignment of research policy and societal values. Science, 369(6499), 39-41. doi:10.1126/science.abb3415 (paper)
- Heimeriks, G., Deyu Lia, D., Lamers, W.S., Meijer, I., & Yegros, A. (2019). Scientific knowledge production in European regions: patterns of growth, diversity and complexity. European Planning Studies, 27(11), 2123-2143. doi:10.1080/09654313.2019.1645814 (paper)
Conference publications (4)
- Lamers, W.S., Van Eck, N.J., & Waltman, L. (2019). Variations in citation practices across the scientific landscape: Analysis based on a large full-text corpus. In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (pp. 2121-2132).
- Murray, D.S., Lamers, W.S., Boyack, K.W., Larivière, V., Sugimoto, C., Van Eck, N.J., & Waltman, L. (2019). Measuring disagreement in science. In Proceedings of the 17th International Conference of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (pp. 2370-2375).
- Lamers, W.S., Van Eck, N.J., Waltman, L., & Hoos, H.H. (2018). Patterns in citation context: The case of the field of scientometrics. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Science and Technology Indicators (pp. 1114-1122). (paper)
- Van der Weijden, I.C.M., Yegros, A., Borges des Santos, F., & Lamers, W.S. (2018). Identification, dynamics and performance of mixed gender teams. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Science and Technology Indicators. (paper)