Marc Luwel, PhD
Marc Luwel PhD in Physics. He is currently Board member of the Accreditation Organization of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO) for Higher Education and a guest researcher at the Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS), University of Leiden. His research interests include performance based funding in higher education and measuring outcome and impact of publicly funded research. He has been i.a. director of the Flemish Agency for Research Infrastructure ‘Herculesstichting – Hercules Foundation’, deputy chief of staff of the Flemish Minister of Education and Science and an adviser to the Belgian Prime Minister.
Journal publications (5)
- Luwel, M.J.J., & Van Wijk, E. (2015). The 'translational' effect in medical journals: Bridging the gap? Research Evaluation, 24(1), 19-29.
- Visser, M.S., Luwel, M.J.J., & Moed, H.F. (2007). Attainment of Doctoral Degrees at Flemish Universities: A Survival Analysis. Higher Education, 54, 741-757. doi:10.1007/s10734-006-9021-9.
- Luwel, M.J.J., Noyons, E.C.M., & Moed, H.F. (1999). Bibliometric assessment of research performance in Flanders: Policy background and implications. R & D Management, 29(2), 133-141.
- Noyons, E.C.M., Luwel, M.J.J., & Moed, H.F. (1999). Combining mapping and citation analysis for evaluative bibliometric purposes. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 50(2), 115-131.
- Noyons, E.C.M., Luwel, M.J.J., & Moed, H.F. (1998). Assessment of Flemish R&D in the field of information technology: a bibliometric evaluation based on publication and patent data, combined with OECD research input statistics. Research Policy, 27(3), 285-300.
Conference publications (3)
- Van Leeuwen, T.N., & Luwel, M.J.J. (2014). An in-depth analysis of papers retracted in the Web of Science. Conference paper. In Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Science and Technology Indicators (pp. 337-344).
- Luwel, M.J.J., Noyons, E.C.M., & Van Eck, N.J. (2011). A comparative bibliometric analysis of the STI and the ISSI conference series. In Proceedings of the 13th International Conference of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (pp. 505-514).
- Luwel, M.J.J., Noyons, E.C.M., & Moed, H.F. (1997). Bibliometric assessment of research performance in Flanders. In The evaluation of scientific research. Proceedings of an OECD Workshop on the Evaluation of Basic Research (pp. 60-73).